[wpkg-users] Collecting config data from Client PCs via WPKG (SOLVED)

Alt, Franz franz.alt at wi.tum.de
Wed Apr 13 15:48:44 CEST 2016

Thank you very much for the tips with up "GLPI+FusionInventory" or "OCS Inventory". I'll give it a try later on ... for now I also wanted to learn more about WPKG and it's "boundaries".

Finally a collegue gave me the tip to replace
\\servername\deploy\logfolder\filename...
against
\\<ip-of-server>\deploy\logfolder\filename...

... and all the scripts run and write their output inside the log folder at the WPKG-server.

=> "Solved"

Regards
Franz

On 04/08/2016 11:02 PM, Nicolas Briche wrote:

> Sure, it means having to set up GLPI+FusionInventory (or equivalent
> solution)

just using ocs inventory (standalone) [1] is quite easy to deploy and reliable, never had any issues, just running as it should.
The webinterface is a bit ugly, but does its job. And if you want you can also grab all the needed information with mysql queries.

Regards
Peter

[1] http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/en/