[wpkg-users] VLC 2.2.2 win32 on x64

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Feb 11 17:58:26 CET 2016

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, at 11:15, Marco Gaiarin wrote:

> But i remove ald VLC before installing new one... my recipe
> attached.

Thanks, mine does essentially the same.

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, at 21:47, Jon Rhoades wrote:

> The VLC installer is pretty terrible and as you can see from the
> wiki there are many different approaches to getting it working.

Yep, however, the wiki page so far sticks to the 32bit version.

I dunno why it failed on my PCs. But switching to x64 is anyway
recommended in the long run, I guess.

> Personally, I just gave up and downloaded the VLC zip file, which I
> then package myself in Inno Setup - so I know that the install and
> uninstaller will work reliably every time.

I was also thinking about just copying the files. After all, that's
what I did for years before I started using WPKG.

--
-- Andreas

   :-)