[wpkg-users] User GUI for WPKG-GP

Steve Kersley steve.kersley at keble.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 13:44:09 CEST 2016

Hi Nils,
Looks interesting, just to clarify - this would allow unprivileged users to see there are updates and to signal the background service to install them without giving the users the necessary permissions to install software?

That may solve some issues we've been trying to work around where we want to install updates, but not at boot (for instance, wireless clients where wifi is not authenticated so no network on boot; presentation machines that hasn't been powered on until 2 minutes before a presentation due to start that suddenly wants to install a dozen updates on startup)

Many thanks,
Steve.