[wpkg-users] ghostware?

Carlos R. Pasqualini pasqualinic at fcal.uner.edu.ar
Fri Apr 7 15:02:47 CEST 2017

El vie, 31-03-2017 a las 10:23 +0200, Nils Thiele escribió:
> Hi,
>
> What unresolved issues do you have with the gpe execution on windows
> 10?
>
> At least with fastboot disabled (we have SSDs in all current systems)
> it works fine on all system we have shipped so far (Clean install,
> Enterprise LTSB 2016 and Education).
> I would love to be able to improve the boot execution method of
> wpkg-gp but since its developed in c++ its out of my league.

Hi Nils!

did I miss something?

I have wpkg-gp 0.17.16 in a non active directory environment, Windows 10
Professional, with a public samba share that works OK when I run wpkg-js
from cscript.exe but wpkg-gp is unable to find the share on startup.

Same environment worked great for years... with Windows 7 since wpkg-gp
0.15 (it was hosted on googlecode at that time). Right now I have few
Windows 7 machines and they are working good, but not even one Windows
10. Right now I'm going from time to time to each machine and mannually
running a script for upgrading.

I have not been able to get a working environment since windows 10 had
arrived; I was designing an Active Directory environment to this network
as a way to run wpkg-gp from group policy, but it would be really great
to have it running without Active Directory using wpkg-gp on startup or
on shutdown.

May be I'm not using the latest binary as I cannot see a good place to
go and 'download the latest binary

not in https://github.com/sonicnkt/wpkg-gp/
not in https://github.com/cleitet/wpkg-gp/wiki
and not in https://wpkg.org/WPKG-GP

I think that would help to add some info somewere on where is the latest
version of wpkg-gp and where to report issues. There is not an 'official
github repo' for the wpkg-gp project, may be it would be a good idea to
have one with write access for a few devs.

Honestly, I thought in line with the things expressed by Heiko, that
there was some pending work on wpkg-gp to be reliable on Windows 10.

Another 'may be': may be I'm doing something wrong and it is only my
fault :-)

Just in case my wpkg-gp.ini is:

(removing comments and white lines)
grep -v ^# Wpkg-gp.ini|grep -v -e '^[[:space:]]*$'

[WpkgConfig]
EnableViaLGP = 1
IgnoreGroupPolicy = 0
DisableAtBootUp = 0
WpkgCommand =\\someservername\wpkg\wpkg.js
WpkgVerbosity = 3
WpkgNetworkUsername =
WpkgNetworkPassword =
WpkgMaxReboots = 3
WpkgRebootPolicy = force
WpkgExecuteByNonAdmins = 1
WpkgExecuteByLocalUsers = 1
WpkgActivityIndicator = 1
TestConnectionHost = someservername
TestConnectionPort = 445
TestConnectionTries = 8
TestConnectionSleepBeforeRetry = 5
ConnectionTries = 10
ConnectionSleepBeforeRetry = 5
[EnvironmentVariables]

Besides all of this, a big thanks to all for this excellent work!

Best regards

Carlos Pasqualini