[wpkg-users] ghostware?

Rainer Meier r.meier at wpkg.org
Thu Mar 30 10:47:13 CEST 2017

Hi Heiko,

> you're right. wpkg.js is pretty complete and the lackings are minor (i'd have
> some ideas for new features though). What WPKG is desperately missing is steady
> support on the Front-End.

Yes, some ideas are around for sure. I have some on my list too. But on one hand
resources are limited and on the other hande a re-write and adding some features
would require substantial effort while the existing solution works in almost all
use-cases. As a result the demand of putting substantial errort into rework is
pretty low.

> The "official" WPKG client is practically dead, only working properly on XP (by
> design) and it's successor, WPKG-GP - while being a tremendously good idea and
> product - does have unsolved problems on Win10 that make it's main working mode
> (GPE) unreliable. With Nils' GUI-Addition there's a nice workaround (and finally
> a GUI).

This is a known issue for sure. However I am personally still use WPKG-client on
Windows 10 without any issues. Without logon delay of course. But running as a
delayed startup service and adding a very simple task scheduler task which just
launches the service on normal shutdown/startup even if fast-statup is enabled.
This works pretty reliable for me.

best regards,