[wpkg-users] windows 10

Frank Morawietz nestolea at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 20:41:19 CET 2018

Hi Andrea,

>>> it seems that wpkg service doesn't work under windows 10
>>>
>>> there's some tricks?
>> [[JDE]]
>> Hello Andrea, this works perfectly fine I think.  I use wpkg-gp, which
>> runs at boot.
>>
>> --
>> Met vriendelijke groeten/Kind regards/Meilleures salutations/Mit
>> freundlichen Grüßen,
>>
>> Jürgen
>
> ok i'll try... i'm using wpkg not wpkg-gp
>
> i saw that wpkg service doesn't start, but wpkg javascript yes; so i think i
> can make a service that call wpkg... or i'll try to rebuild wpkg service

wpkg service works fine under Windows 10 Home here.

You need to take care of some special behavior of Windows 10. By default
Windows 10 does not completely shut down when you shut it down. It's more
like hibernate/sleep mode. Wpkg service only runs during regular startup and
therefore it might run nearly never on Windows 10.

Because of this I created a small batch script that restarts the wpkg
service and I configured a task to run this script once per day. With this
trick wpkg works on Windows 10 for me like it did on Windows 7 before.

Hope this helps,
Frank
--
Frank Morawietz <nestolea at gmail.com>