[wpkg-users] windows 10

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Thu Mar 8 23:51:12 CET 2018

On Thu, 8 Mar 2018, at 20:41, Frank Morawietz wrote:

> wpkg service works fine under Windows 10 Home here.

I have it running on 1 Windows 10, too, without problems.
Unfortunately, I have no easy access to this machine, so I cannot
provide details. But the setup AFAIK was straight forward.

> You need to take care of some special behavior of Windows 10. By
> default Windows 10 does not completely shut down when you shut it
> down. It's more like hibernate/sleep mode. Wpkg service only runs
> during regular startup and therefore it might run nearly never on
> Windows 10.
>
> Because of this I created a small batch script that restarts the
> wpkg service and I configured a task to run this script once per
> day. With this trick wpkg works on Windows 10 for me like it did on
> Windows 7 before.

That's a great idea! Do you happen to have some pointers for how to
add the task? Did you add it so that it runs as SYSTEM user? The
script is just `net stop/start` or did you have add some sleep?

--
-- Andreas

     :-)