[wpkg-users] /forceinstall option does not seem to work

Luke Whitehorn luke.whitehorn at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 11:00:23 CEST 2020

Hi all,
I've been trying to crack this one for a while now, but with no luck.
It should be simple; I have a package installed, and I just want WPKG to
run the install again. Ignore checks, just run it again.
It seems like the /forceinstall flag should do this, but it just isn't
working.
I am running the following command (and multiple similar variants):
cscript.exe
\\192.168.15.130\projects\__SharedAssets\__Software_Install\WPKG\wpkg\wpkg.js
/force /forceinstall /install:"nymus-client" /nonotify

Which gives me this output:
Package 'Nymus Client' (nymus-client): Already installed. Re-installation
enforced.
Package 'Nymus Client' (nymus-client): Already installed (checks
succeeded). Checking dependencies and chained packages.
Package 'Nymus Client' (nymus-client): Package and all dependencies are
already installed. Skipping.
Package 'Nymus Client' (nymus-client): Package and all chained packages are
already installed. Skipping.

Why is it skipping after saying 'Re-installation enforced'? Why wont it
just install?

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>