[wpkg-users] Check type uninstall

Stefan Pendl stefan.pendl.71 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:22:47 CET 2021

Am 15.03.2021 um 08:13 schrieb Ulli Conrad:
> Hi,
>
> Am 15.03.21 um 07:59 schrieb David Pailler:
>> Ok, then modify your Check line with a Or and add a Check version
>> file for example on the executable
>
> Thank you. Yes that's a possibility (and in fact what I am doing as a
> workaround in case a user has installed an older version manually).
>
> But I was just curious if this behaviour is intended and if so, what the
> reason is ;-)

The behavior is intended, since most software packages are only needed
in one version.
The software packages allowing parallel installation usually have a
release indicator in the software name too, so one can easily create
multiple similar packages for different releases.

Stopping the search if one match for the software name is found also
increases performance.

--
*Stefan P.*

Top-posting: