[wpkg-users] Check type uninstall

Ulli Conrad ulli.conrad at bio.uni-goettingen.de
Mon Mar 15 13:48:57 CET 2021

Hi,

Am 15.03.21 um 13:22 schrieb Stefan Pendl:

> The behavior is intended, since most software packages are only
> needed in one version. The software packages allowing parallel
> installation usually have a release indicator in the software name
> too, so one can easily create multiple similar packages for different
> releases.
The installer packages do have a version information, the installed
versions have sub folders named by the version. But a file version check
(as mentioned by David Pailler) helps in this case.

I was just stumbeling about an additionally installed older version by a
user, which caused the uninstaller check to fail.

> Stopping the search if one match for the software name is found also
>  increases performance.

Ah ok, thank you very much indeed. Performance is of course a good
reason :-)

- Ulli -