[wpkg-users] Ghostscript 10 not finishing

Andreas Schamanek schamane at fam.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 25 16:39:01 CEST 2023

Hi fellow wpkg'ists,

With Ghostscript 9.x I was successfully using (basically)

<install cmd='%SOFTWARE%\gs%vshort%w64.exe /S /D=%prgdir%' />

without problems. But Ghostscript 10.0.1 (gs10011w64.exe) even without
`/D=%prgdir%` starts but never finishes.

And indeed, even when I run it with `/S` from a cmd.exe it asks for
confirmation.

Today, I saw that RuckZuck updated the Ghostscript package to 10, too,
and they are also using `/S` and it works (I tried it w/ their
10.0.0).

Is this an issue on ghostscript's side? Why does it work for RuckZuck?

--
-- Andreas

      :-)