[debian-non-standard] segmentation faults and bus errors - abandoned all hope

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Sun Feb 24 21:19:58 CET 2008

Tomasz Orłowski schrieb:
> Tomasz Chmielewski napisał(a):
>> Don't even try anything other than 2.6.19.2 that comes from OpenWrt
>> - it won't work reliably.
>>
>> Could you post dmesg + errors for 2.6.19.2 from http://wpkg.org? Or
>> better, full serial console log for that kernel.
>>

> Thanks Tomasz for quick answer.
>
> Paradoxically latest rev 10517 gives me bigger probability to have
> successful boot :oP
>
> I've attached 3 full serial console logs:
> 2 fails + 1 success (gosh it really took me some time to get this one ;O) )
>

> Thanks
>
> PS: I've tried it with 2 USB Sticks and 2,5" disk with IDE2USB
> connector, so I think it is not storage issue.

Very weird.

I vaguely remember that I did change something in nvram once in one of
WL-500gP I used (with 2.6.17 kernel then) which had similar problems.

Attached "strings /dev/mtd3" - if you diff it with your nvram, does it
differ?
Although technically, nvram is not used by 2.6.x kernels (it may be used
by the bootloader, though).

There is one difference though when I look at your CFE startup - see
here to see my bootup:

http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/debian-non-standard/2008q1/000056.html

I.e., memory areas are different, but I don't know if they are supposed
to be the same or not.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org