[debian-non-standard] debian on fsg - cannot connect to device after flashing though usb stick is blinking at boot

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Mar 3 11:59:54 CET 2008

hathe at sidux.com schrieb:

(...)

>> Your PC needs to be in the same subnet to connect to the device.
>>
>>>  iface lan0 inet static
>>>        address 192.168.111.187
>>>        broadcast 192.168.111.191
>>>        netmask 255.255.255.192
>>>        network 192.168.111.128
>> No, it's incorrect - there's no such device as lan0 in Linux. Why did
>> you change it?
>
> Is it wrong only cause I'm using a different device name? lan0 is my first
> ethernet device. So are the settings correct?

How do you know lan0 is your ethernet name if you can't connect to it?
Unless you did some tricks with udev, your network interfaces will have
ethX names.

Or you did connect using a USB-serial cable? If yes, what's the output
of "ifconfig -a" - could you paste it here?

(...)

>>> I don't have a local serial port anymore, I use a USB-Serial adapter, is
>>> it possible to connect two of those to establish a serial link? (would be
>>> FSG-USB->usb-serial adapter->usb-serial adapter->local usb port)
>> It's enough to have one of those (USB-port in FSG - USB-serial cable -
>> serial port in PC).
>
> As I said I don't have a serial port anymore and I already use such a
> USB-serial cable for my desktop.

Sorry, I don't understand your question then.
If you're already using your USB-serial cable, why do you ask if you can
use it?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org