[debian-non-standard] Anyone using an ASUS wl500gp v2 ?

Les F lesf.999 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 13:29:41 CEST 2008

I have tried to flash several different images on my asus wl500gp v2
with no luck.  Was not sure if the diff between
the wl500gp and the v2 model were that great.   Am trying to get
debian to run on my router.  Was using the
intructions at http://wpkg.org/Running_Debian_on_ASUS_WL-500G_deluxe
where you flash openwrt to start
the boot process.  For the moment, I have been lucky and have been
able to flash my original firmware.  However
I feel like I am playing with fire and my lucky streak will end at
anytime with a bricked router.

Thanks for any help.