[sheepdog-users] is --nohalt dangerous?

Bastian Scholz nimrodxx at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 08:57:20 CEST 2012

Am 2012-07-18 08:27, schrieb Dietmar Maurer:
>> We just provide the safest default to run sheep generally and users
>> can
>> specify --nohalt options if he don't need it.
>
> What do you mean by 'if he don't need it.'? Data consistency is
> always a requirement (else I would store in RAM).

I think, thats why the cluster stops if it is not longer
possible to guarantee the specified number of copies (you
want 3 copies, but there are only 2 zones left) If it is
fine, that the cluster works even without the required
amount of 3 copies, you can specify the nohalt option and
the cluster runs even with only one node left.

I prefer to have at least one zone more than number of
copies so the cluster can recover from a failed node to
the specified number of copies.

Cheers

Bastian