[sheepdog-users] Setting an alternate binding address

Werner van der Walt werner at softselect.biz
Tue Apr 2 15:25:53 CEST 2013

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for the reply. I am using the latest 0.5.6 and when I look at the
man pages for sheep then there is no -b option to use. I had a look at
using the -h option and then it lists -b but it doesn't give a proper
explanation and syntax. What is the full syntax for the -b option? I just
used sheep -b 192.168.1.2 but if I do a collie node info and collie cluster
info then it still shows the original bind address from corosync? Will I be
able to check somewhere what the actual listening address is? Is this a
config setting that can be changed while the cluster is running (maybe
using sheepfs?) or must you start sheep with it when starting the cluster?

I also read through all the wiki info again that I can find and do not see
any more details around the gateway option and what it allows you to do and
how it functions?

Apologies about all the questions but once I have a full grasp over how
everything functions I can write a proper set up guide to get sheepdog
running on Ubuntu server nodes as backend storage working with Proxmox.

Thanks.

Werner