[sheepdog-users] 答复: 答复: Does the SSD cache disk mount need user_attr?

redtone kelphon at redtone.hk
Mon Dec 23 08:58:40 CET 2013

The SSD disk is Intel 3500 SSD 300G

Current cache size is 27GB

The disk is not full

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Liu Yuan [mailto:namei.unix at gmail.com]
发送时间: 2013年12月23日 15:46
收件人: redtone
抄送: 'Hitoshi Mitake'; sheepdog-users at lists.wpkg.org
主题: Re: [sheepdog-users] 答复: Does the SSD cache disk mount need
user_attr?

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 03:32:52PM +0800, redtone wrote:
> Because when I enable the -w SSD cache the VMs will be hung up(when I
> reboot the VM, the windows cannot boot but black screen).
> And I found the ssdcache does not mount with xattr on
>
> So I found the ssdcache is not mounted with xattr on.
>
> I have run the VMs for one week with no -w cache normally.
>
> I am trying -w ssdcache mount with xattr on today,
> I will report the result later if the issue can be duplicated.

What is your -w size? Recently one user report that windows might have
problems
on top of object cache. But all the QEMU and sheepdog logs didn't report
anything
broken. So I suspect that there is latent bug hidden in relcaim code of
object
cache. Reclaim code will triggered very often when the cache is full and it
will
reclaim the space.

Thanks