[sheepdog-users] 0.7.5 and older qemu?

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:52:53 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 08:02:22AM +0100, Gerald Richter - ECOS wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for your feedback. I don't need erasure coding (yet), but I am not sure what you mean by online snapshots and I didn't find anything on the net. Does this making a snapshot of a running vm? I though this is already possible with older versions or does it mean something different?

Yes, snapshot the disk of running VM by 'qemu-img snapshot' or 'collie vdi snapshot'
QEMU has 3 kinds of snapshot,
     - live disk and memory snapshot of running VM by 'qemu monitor vmsave',
       similar to laptop suspend
     - snapshot of disk when VM is powered off by qemu-img or 'collie vdi snapshot'
     - snapshot of disk of running VM <--- I meant this.

Thanks