[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog 0.80: Queries and feedback

Valerio Pachera sirio81 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:44:17 CET 2014

> 5. The manual/help says in bold letters: "Remember: DO NOT shut down any
> of node before deactivating the cluster!

Hi, thank you for your feedbacks.
The second part of the sentence 'before deactivating the cluster' is to
make sure there are no active recovery when you shut down the cluster.
I may have to test this because I think it shouldn't really cause problem
but, if you want to be 100% sure of not getting issues when restarting the
cluster, it may be better to stop it when it's not in recovery.

DO NOT shut down / kill a node after the other.". Yet isn't the point of
sheepdog to be a distributed highly available storage system,

With that I meant "the right procedure to stop the cluster is not to
shutdown/kill a node after the other".
I'm going to change a bit the doc so it's more clear.

Valerio.