[sheepdog-users] Sheepdog 0.80: Queries and feedback

richter at ecos.de richter at ecos.de
Thu Mar 13 09:12:26 CET 2014

5. The manual/help says in bold letters: "Remember: DO NOT shut down any of node before deactivating the cluster!

Hi, thank you for your feedbacks.

The second part of the sentence 'before deactivating the cluster' is to make sure there are no active recovery when you shut down the cluster.

I may have to test this because I think it shouldn't really cause problem but, if you want to be 100% sure of not getting issues when restarting the cluster, it may be better to stop it when it's not in recovery.

DO NOT shut down / kill a node after the other.". Yet isn't the point of sheepdog to be a distributed highly available storage system,

With that I meant "the right procedure to stop the cluster is not to shutdown/kill a node after the other".

I'm going to change a bit the doc so it's more clear.

[gr] So what is the correct way to shutdown a cluster? It’s still not clear to me

Thanks & Regards

Gerald