[sheepdog-users] failed to read inode header

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Fri May 30 04:34:17 CEST 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 10:25:14PM +0400, Maxim Terletskiy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After some inspecting I found that all(I hope all) missing data
> pieces left on one disk which I forgot to plug after sheep restart.
>
> Can I just plug this disk to working sheep to access this data? Or I
> need to stop sheep daemon and run it again with this disk in
> options? Maybe there is some another safe method to return this data
> to cluster?

You can plug in disk on the fly without any problem. After plugging the disk,
you need run

$ dog cluster reweight

which will recover the missing object onto other nodes.

Thanks
Yuan

> Sorry, if I'm asking too much questions. :) This data is extremely
> important for me and unfortunately I don't have any backups. :(

Probably you can check 'cluster snapshot' to make a backup of your cluster
in case of emergence. Or qemu-img convert to backup individual vdi.

Thanks