[sheepdog-users] Locking problems on 0.9

Micha Kersloot micha at kovoks.nl
Wed Nov 5 17:38:35 CET 2014

Hi,

I've setup a 0.9 version of sheepdog next to the existing 0.8.3 version. I used qemu-img to convert images from the 'old' version to the new one. Now I try to start a VM, but that fails on:

cannot get vdi info, VDI is already locked, kovoks-debian7-compile 0

When I use
#/root/sheep/usr/sbin/dog vdi lock list -p 7001
it shows:

VDI | owner node
kovoks-debian7-compile | IPv4 ip:10.10.0.30 port:7001

So it is locked. I remove the lock by issuing:
#/root/sheep/usr/sbin/dog vdi lock unlock kovoks-debian7-compile -p 7001
and it doesn't show in the lock list anymore. But when I start qemu-kvm it still fails with the same error and the lock list shows the vdi is locked again.

ehh.. help?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Micha Kersloot

Blijf op de hoogte en ontvang de laatste tips over Zimbra/KovoKs Contact:
http://twitter.com/kovoks

KovoKs B.V. is ingeschreven onder KvK nummer: 11033334