[sheepdog-users] [ANNOUNCE] sheepdog stable release v0.9.5_rc0
menjo.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp
Wed Feb 8 07:30:43 CET 2017
I released sheepdog stable release v0.9.5_rc0.
You can download source code from the below link:
At [Feb 22, 15:00 (GMT+9)], v0.9.5_rc0 will be v0.9.5 officially
if there are no complains and no serious new issues.
## 0.9.5 (release candidate)
- Unlimited workqueue is now removed and changed to dynamic one.
This is for sheep not to consume a huge amount of memory by
creating new threads infinitely under heavy load, and to avoid
being shot by OOM-killer.
- zk_control now can purge znodes within 24 hours. It purges znodes
created before the given threshold. This is useful if tens of
thousands of znodes are created in a day.
- Fixed workqueue: sets and limits the number of threads in a sheep
process. You can get stable performance with this if tuned properly.
SHEEP COMMAND INTERFACE:
- New option "-q" to set fixed workqueue (default: disabled i.e.
the number of threads increases and decreases automatically)
(Note that this option will be changed to -w in version 1.0.1.)
- New option "-x" to set the maximum number of threads for dynamic
workqueue. (default: decided by "max(#nodes,#cores,16)*2" formula)
ZK_CONTROL COMMAND INTERFACE:
- The "purge" subcommand can take a non-negative interger as a
threshold in seconds. (default: 86400 (24 hours))
- Print object IDs in 16-digit zero-padded hexadecimal to sheep.log.
Takashi Menjo <menjo.takashi at lab.ntt.co.jp>
More information about the sheepdog-users