[Sheepdog] questions about qemu-img and sheepdog

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Jan 17 12:45:08 CET 2011

At Wed, 12 Jan 2011 21:17:25 +0800,
jidalyg_8711 wrote:
> Thanks your reply!
>
> I'll try it again.
>
> Some other questions:
> 1,The base image need to be a snapshot ?  Why can't be a raw image?
>    For local disk images ,The following commands worked well:
>    $ qemu-img -b debian-base.img -f qcow2 debian_inc.img

To simplify the implementation of Sheepdog.  I guess there is no
technical problem to use a file image as a backing file of a Sheepdog
vdi.  If there are many requests for the feature, I'm not against to
support it.

> 2, I have do somethings and I found the following output:
>
> [root at sim92 store_dir]# collie cluster info
> Waiting for other nodes joining
> Ctime                Epoch Nodes
> 2011-01-11 14:07:26     12 [10.60.1.93:7000, 10.60.1.92:7000, 10.60.1.94:7000]
>
> And I can't use the sheepdog now . Why this happened ?

I think you stopped Sheepdog without running 'collie cluster shutdown'.

If so, see
  http://lists.wpkg.org/pipermail/sheepdog/2011-January/000827.html
to fix the cluster state.