[Sheepdog] Sheepdog 0.3.0 schedule and 0.4.0 plan
namei.unix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 03:48:31 CET 2011
On 11/15/2011 10:05 AM, MORITA Kazutaka wrote:
> I finished all of the cluster driver implementation we planed, so I
> think of releasing 0.3.0 this weekend. If you have pending patches
> for 0.3.0, please send them until Nov 18th. I'll spend this week
> testing Sheepdog.
> The planned big features for 0.4.0 are as follows:
> - add write-cache support
> - support larger object size
> - use differential copy for fast object recovery
> - add hierarchical zones support
> - reclaim unused objects automatically
> Let me know if there are others you want to include in the 0.4.0
I think "farm" can be ready for .4.0, the new kv-store which will
- cluster wide snapshot. (both customized time and at the point of
- node-wide data sharing for snapshot objects with the same content. so
snapshoting is very cheap operation.
- support 'collie checkout epoch' to restore fully to the state of
history epoch and customized time.
- differential data change between subsequent epoches (for faster
nested recovery, that node failure happens at recovery stage)
- auto checksumed snapshot objects
- no stale objects that are found in current implementation, that will
waste storage a lot.
More information about the sheepdog