[Sheepdog] Trouble installing Sheepdog on EL6.0

Liu Yuan namei.unix at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 03:58:11 CET 2011

On 11/23/2011 01:15 AM, Digimer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>   I'm pretty new to Sheepdog, but have some experience with RHCS stable
> 2 and 3.
>
>   I'd like to try installing and playing with Sheepdog, understanding
> that it is not production ready. To this end, I followed the
> instructions here;
>
> https://github.com/collie/sheepdog/wiki/Getting-Started
>
>   I removed corosync as shipped with EL6 and installed from source, also
> qemu. When I tried to 'make rpm', it failed with this;

did you successfully compile corosync from source (the upstream corosync
split out logger, named libqb, which can be cloned from
git://github.com/asalkeld/libqb.git)? That is, you need compile libqb
firstly and then corosync.

> =====
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>     corosync is needed by sheepdog-0.2.4_108_g45eb24f-1.el6.x86_64
>     corosynclib is needed by sheepdog-0.2.4_108_g45eb24f-1.el6.x86_64
>     corosynclib-devel is needed by sheepdog-0.2.4_108_g45eb24f-1.el6.x86_64
> make: *** [rpm] Error 1
> =====
>
>   Any advise on what I could/should try?

As a alternative, you can simply install the binary from source instead
of making rpm.

Thanks,
Yuan