[sheepdog] Converting config file

Leo 'costela' Antunes costela at debian.org
Wed Aug 15 23:21:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 13/08/12 15:03, Jens WEBER wrote:
> Hi, nice to get help with the deb package! I plan to go back to tag 0.4.0 and build new package that does
>
> - automatic migration from simple to farm
> - converts existing startup configuration to fits new startup script
>
> that version should push to unstable repository. Next is then version 0.5.0 with scripts converting config file and checks startup configuration.
>
> May be you can help by pushing it to the debian repository.

I can surely lend a hand! I hadn't even spoken to Guido about helping
him out yet, but I intended to in a few weeks (when I'll have more time
to get my hands dirty).

Do you have any idea about a time-frame for these changes? From what I
understand you want to get the conversion inside the daemon itself, so I
guess this still has to be merged (coded?).

Cheers

--
Leo "costela" Antunes
[insert a witty retort here]