[sheepdog] [ANNOUNCE] sheepdog stable release v0.7.8_rc0

Hitoshi Mitake mitake.hitoshi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:32:54 CET 2014

Hi sheepdog users and developers,

I released v0.7.8_rc0 of stable branch. You can download a source
archive from these URLs:
tar.gz: https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/archive/v0.7.8_rc0.tar.gz
zip: https://github.com/sheepdog/sheepdog/archive/v0.7.8_rc0.zip

This update contains various improvements related to packaging,
logging, controling under heavy I/O, removing build error on some
environments, etc.

If no one disagrees about this release candidate in 2 days, it will be
v0.7.8 officially.

Below is the summary of the commits:

Hitoshi Mitake (5):
      rpm: make dependencies of zookeeper and fuse packages optional
      deb: create deb package from raw source archive
      dog: allow snapshot tags which begin with decimal number
      sheep: prevent starvation of "node kill" requests
      dog: add a new option "-l" to node kill for killing local sheep process

Liu Yuan (2):
      sheep: fix some compile errors
      sheep: don't print error message when connection is off

MORITA Kazutaka (4):
      ops: add NULL check of req->op
      sheep: add helper function to make sure that req->data is string
      tests/functional: fix valgrind test
      sheep: initialize object cache info

Robin Dong (1):
      lib: fix compiler error in logger.c