[sheepdog] 答复: Could cluster-wide snapshot be restored into different cluster with different number nodes?
402017647 at qq.com
Mon Sep 22 09:31:13 CEST 2014
Hi, Ruoyu, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I have found there are some fix on stable 0.8, but we still use stable 0.8.2. Update will be risky, so we need some time.
I still have some inline questions, can you help me again?
发件人: Ruoyu [mailto:liangry at ucweb.com]
发送时间: 2014年9月22日 14:01
收件人: 朱波; sheepdog
主题: Re: [sheepdog] Could cluster-wide snapshot be restored into different cluster with different number nodes?
On 2014年09月22日 13:36, 朱波 wrote:
I'm a new sheepdog user, I have run sheepdog on 15 sheepdog nodes. And do cluster-wide snapshot for this cluster.
Recently, I restored the snapshot into a new cluster with 7 nodes. But it failed. the command "dog vdi list" would show me some object can't be found. And currently we don't have more nodes and time to verify whether it would be successful when restore it into a new cluster with 15 sheepdog nodes.
So I have two questions want to check with you guru:
1. Could cluster-wide snapshot be restored into different cluster with different number node?
Yes. Cluster-wide snapshot is de-duplicated. It can be restored into different cluster with different number of nodes and with different redundancy level.
Actually, I find there is a constraint for cluster-wide snapshot in the link: https://email@example.com/msg06209.html (at the bottom of page).
I’m not sure the cluster topology changes means the cluster node number, if you can help explain this, it will be greate.
2. If one cluster-wide snapshot is failed(after restored, "dog vdi list" will show some object can't be found), would another new cluster-wide snapshot based on the failed one be successful? in other words, the first tag of cluster-wide snapshot is failed, can the second tag be successful? Are they independent?
What is your sheep's version? And, how you produce the failure (some objects not found)? Maybe it is relevant to a bug which is fixed recently.
the operation step:
1. dog cluster snapshot save snapshot_1 BACKUP_DIR -a 192.168.1.102 -p 7000 (snapshot the cluster A)
2. dog cluster snapshot load snapshot_1 BACKUP_DIR –a 177.xx.xx.xx -p 7000 (restore into the cluster B)
3. on the cluster B. dog vdi list
it will display xxxx object can’t be found. (I’m not sure why this happen).
4. dog cluster snapshot save snapshot_2 BACKUP_DIR -a 192.168.1.102 -p 7000 (snapshot the cluster A)
Can the snapshot_2 be successful? Or It must be failed like the snapshot_1?
Anybody can help me? Any response will be appreciated.
Thanks & Regards
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the sheepdog