[sheepdog] Why Sheepdog is talking more CPU ?

ankit bhardwaj ankitbhrdwj27 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:46:05 CEST 2015

I am using "sheep -n /mnt/sheep/0 -c zookeeper:IP1:2181,IP2:2181,IP3:2181"
to start sheep on each node. And in the question I was mostly talking about
reading speed. Writing speed was quite less than the native disk writing.

On my machine I am able to run 10 VMs comfortably , within 40 seconds when
I am using local disk. But when I try to boot these VM in 3 node- 3 replica
sheepdog cluster, CPU becomes the bottleneck after booting 3 VM
simultaneously.  Here is the graph for booing 5 VM simultaneously in
sheepdog cluster.

​

I want to run more number of VMs. Is there anything, that can be done in
terms of setup, number of node, Number of replicas etc ?