Ang: Re: Ang: Re: [Stgt-devel] Re: [Iscsitarget-devel] stgt a new version of iscsi target?

Ming Zhang mingz at ele.uri.edu
Wed Dec 7 20:31:03 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 20:07 +0100, johan at capvert.se wrote:

>                                                Hi!
>

> Our opinion of the LSI MPT target driver is that it is not good
> enough. Maybe to use as a base for further developement. We had a guy
> here that spended a lot of time with it, without any success. Maybe
> somebody else could do a better job, but "warning".
> I had some QLA iScsi HBA´s since they released them, and I tried to
> get the target F/W from Qlogic, but they refused. I will try again,
> since I also want the Fc target F/W.

no idea about iscsi one, but for fc stuff u can get it after signing
nda. that is how i got all fc spec. but also because this nda, i can not
do it for stgt. :P

so only way is to do it base on scst code, Mike is doing this right now.
Hope he does not have NDA limitation. :P

>  We are now running a project to use EVMS volumes for target
> exportation, currently with scst, but hopefully soon with stgt. We
> want to put access control in EVMS.

i guess stgt will support lun masking like stuff easily since report_lun
is handled  in user space right?

ming