[Stgt-devel] uSpace Transport Patch

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori
Tue Aug 29 16:31:27 CEST 2006

From: FUJITA Tomonori <fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp>
Subject: Re: [Stgt-devel] uSpace Transport Patch
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:11:29 +0900

> From: Tom Tucker <tom at opengridcomputing.com>
> Subject: [Stgt-devel] uSpace Transport Patch
> Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:29:40 -0500
>
> > Tomo:
> >
> > Enclosed is a patch that allows you to plug in multiple transports. It
> > has a few benefits over the last approach:
>
> Thanks.
>

> > 1. The TCP side can remain exactly the same. i.e. user-mode connection
> > management and login send/recv.
> >
> > 2. The stgtd implementation still uses pollfd to receive I/O events. The
> >    iser side will provide an fd that can be polled.
> >

> > I have built and run this patch with the current code and connected with
> > a iscsi initiator over TCP. I did encounter problems, however, trying to
> > do disk i/o.
>
> The write path code is broken. I will fix it if the kernel-mode
> approach would likely be accepted into mainline.

Mike posted the kernel-mode iSCSI target patch to scsi-ml several days
ago.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-scsi&m=115639258024577&w=2

We've got any responses so far. It means that we might get a refusal
later on after some effort on the kernel-mode approach. That inclines
me to go with the user-space approach...