[Stgt-devel] uSpace Transport Patch

Tom Tucker tom
Tue Aug 29 16:47:59 CEST 2006

Tomo:

At this point, I'm in thee middle of writing the kernel side of the
iSER transport. It would be no big deal to switch to user mode.
Should I do it?

We might want to look at the OpenFabric's stack to see how they
implement kernel bypass. This code has been accepted by kernel.org
and might provide a workable model or at least a starting point for
the user-mode iSER target implementation. It supports a very high
bandwidth, zero copy mechanism for exchanging data and events with
the kernel.