[Stgt-devel] tgt disk and cd target with Microsoft initiator

Albert Pauw albert.pauw
Sat Nov 3 18:23:32 CET 2007

I have two targets using tgt, a disk target, and a cd target, both are
configured as LUN 1 on their target. The controller takes LUN 0.

When I log into only one of them everything works, I either see a disk
or a cd depending on which I log into.
The only problem is that I am bugged by this pesky controller (LUN 0)
for which there is no Microsoft driver of course, but
Windows (XP in my case) wants this driver. So I let it ignore the
problem with no proper driver (the controllers has the yellow question
mark in the device manager).
Apart from that it works.

However, when I log into the disk target first, and then the CD target,
the disk disappears in the hardware manager under Windows,
and the CD drive appears. Clicking on My Computer I see the CD coming
and going every second.

So it looks like the two targets are mixed in some way.

Can anyone confirm this behaviour?
And is there a simple way to get rid of the controller LUN 0?

Albert