[stgt] state of ibmvio

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Thu Dec 4 13:33:07 CET 2008

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 13:29:33 +0100
Olaf Hering <olh at suse.de> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 04, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:38:53 +0100
> > Olaf Hering <olh at suse.de> wrote:
> >

> > > What is the state of the ibmvio target?
> > > When did it work, does anyone still successfully use it?
> >
> > It worked. But seems that I broke user-space code. I've applied some
> > fixes to the git tree. You need the latest user-space git tree:
>
> I tried current git.
> The client sees the exported disk with a 32bit tgtd binary, but not with
> a 64bit binary.

I also uses the 32bit tgtd binary (with the 64bit kernel, of course).

fujita at gazania:~/tgt/usr$ file tgtd
tgtd: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, PowerPC or cisco 4500, version 1 (SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.4.1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.4.1, not stripped

fujita at gazania:~/tgt/usr$ uname -a
Linux gazania 2.6.28-rc7-00105-gfeaf384-dirty #15 SMP Thu Dec 4 21:01:03 JST 2008 ppc64 GNU/Linux