[Stgt-devel] Performance of SCST versus STGT

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst
Thu Jan 17 15:32:40 CET 2008

Erez Zilber wrote:
> FUJITA Tomonori wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 12:48:28 +0300
>>Vladislav Bolkhovitin <vst at vlnb.net> wrote:

>>>Please don't confuse multithreaded latency insensitive workload with
>>>single threaded, hence latency sensitive one.
>>>

>>Seems that he can get good performance with single threaded workload:
>>
>>http://www.osc.edu/~pw/papers/wyckoff-iser-snapi07-talk.pdf
>>

>>But I don't know about the details so let's wait for Pete to comment
>>on this.
>>
>>Perhaps Voltaire people could comment on the tgt iSER performances.
>
> We didn't run any real performance test with tgt, so I don't have
> numbers yet. I know that Pete got ~900 MB/sec by hacking sgp_dd, so all
> data was read/written to the same block (so it was all done in the
> cache). Pete - am I right?
>
> As already mentioned, he got that with IB SDR cards that are 10 Gb/sec
> cards in theory (actual speed is ~900 MB/sec). With DDR cards (20
> Gb/sec), you can get even more. I plan to test that in the near future.

Are you writing about a maximum possible speed which he got, including
multithreded tests with many outstanding commands or about speed he got
  on single threaded reads with one outstanding command? This thread is
about the second one.