[stgt] [Scst-devel] [ANNOUNCE]: Comparison of features sets between different SCSI targets (SCST, STGT, IET, LIO)

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst at vlnb.net
Sat Apr 4 21:21:04 CEST 2009

Tomasz Chmielewski, on 04/04/2009 11:12 PM wrote:
> Vladislav Bolkhovitin schrieb:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I set up http://scst.sourceforge.net/comparison.html page, which
>> compares features of existing SCSI target subsystems for Linux. The
>> comparison includes SCST, STGT, IET and LIO.
>>
>> I might be not fully correct somewhere, so, if you don't agree with me
>> about some item(s) in the comparison table, please let me know and I
>> will fix that.
>
> Performance is a bit debatable.

The result "in average" was listed in the comparison. Of course, one
target can be better somewhere, another one somewhere else. That a
nature of storage: it's pretty hard to optimize for all at once.

BTW, if I remember correctly your logs, you didn't apply all the SCST
kernel patches on your kernel. Then your results aren't much applicable
to this comparison, because it assumes all SCST kernel patches applied.