[stgt] stgtd 0.9.3 : Read-Errors using iser transport

Or Gerlitz or.gerlitz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 08:22:17 CET 2009

> I found that subsequent reads on a small timescale often succeed. Also after
> a pause of some couple of seconds reads probably succeed. THe timescale for
> faillure lies inbetween. Please try a time distribution more randomly.
> How big is your sample I used 1GB. When testing by hand 1 out of 6 reads fail.
> Same behavior on stgt 0.8 and 0.9.0 .

I use 1GB as well. It would be helpful if you provide me with a script
that does these random timings between reads. Also, I noted that after
one read, no I/O is going any more on the target side, as this 1GB
probably gets cached. My backing store is an sdb block device and I
wasn't sure what's your and if you have caching at all, maybe this
influences something.

Or.