[stgt] stgt asynchronous io problem

charles zhuang cjiazhuang at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 4 23:39:54 CET 2010

Hi,
I am using fio, http://freshmeat.net/projects/fio/, to benchmark stgt iser stack. I found out stgt iser stack never work under asynchronous io test.
I am using fio libaio ioengine, with multiple job like 32. The tests fail at various places, some times the initiator completely hang, some times the initiator crash, some times the tgtd daemon crash which I can't have the core dump. Does anyone have similar experience with aio test?
By looking thru the code, I found that there's no synchronization on any list operation, will that cause any problem?

Thanks,
Charles