[stgt] Question regarding iscsi rx/tx handler for async io connection

charles zhuang cjiazhuang at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 11 22:27:42 CET 2010

Hi all,
While looking at the libaio problem pertaining to my previous email, I have a question regarding iscsi_tx_handler/iscsi_rx_handler and hope some one here can clarify for me.
The main iscsi state machine, iscsi_tx_handler & iscsi_rx_handler, use iscsi_connection as its parameter. None of them use any locking mechanism, so what about the rx/tx handler has been re-entry in the middle, will that cause the iscsi state variable mess up? Should the iscsi state variable belong to iscsi_task since one iscsi_connection may have multiple iscsi_task pending at one time?
Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks,
Charles