[stgt] [GIT UPDATE] Add branches with john's macosx port and scatter-gather work

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Wed Jan 6 19:35:06 CET 2010

Hi John if you update to latest open-osd.org osc-osd tree, I've put up your
patches on branches. Could you please test if they still work?

the tgt submodule has a new *osd-next* branch.
the main tree has a new *john-sg* branch.

The best is to just:
[osc-osd]$ git remote update
[osc-osd]$ git checkout origin/john-sg
[osc-osd]$ git submodule update

It will sync everything for you.

General information:

The osc-osd osd-target git tree is at
	git clone git://git.open-osd.org/osc-osd/.git

Too review the new patches:
osd-target:
	http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=osc-osd/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/john-sg

tgt macosx port:
	http://git.open-osd.org/gitweb.cgi?p=osc-osd/tgt/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/osd-next

I have changed some of the patches moving hunks around, the easy patches.

The sg patch I have lots of comments to, will you have any time to bit it into shape or will
I have to do it? Mainly:

- It is way to big, you should split it into small incremental patches that do one thing only
- I do not like that #ifdef R04 thing we only support one OSD wire protocol at a given time.
  If for example a command like copy_objects existed in ver4 but not in ver5 I don't mind having
  private extensions in our target. Just put a fat comment in code that this is an osc extension
  and let it be. (Making sure it does not conflict with existing commands of course)
  All the other places that you keep the old continuation format. Drop it. What you can do is submit
  a patchset that supports everything upto R04, then we'll put a tag that says CONT_WIRE_PROTOCOL_04
  and then patches that take wire protocol to R05. But I will not accept both in the same source code.
- And other nits.

If you want I can post the patch with embedded comments, that is if you want to work on it. Otherwise
it'll sit on a side branch and I'll rebase it from time to time until it breaks.

Boaz