[stgt] [ANNOUNCE]: Comparison of features between different SCSI targets (SCST, STGT, IET, LIO) updated

Vladislav Bolkhovitin vst at vlnb.net
Thu Sep 2 21:31:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

I updated the Linux SCSI targets comparison page
http://scst.sourceforge.net/comparison.html, which compares features of
the existing Linux SCSI target subsystems. The comparison includes SCST,
STGT, IET and LIO. I added IET there, because it is the most used Linux
iSCSI target at the moment.

This page is intended to be a complete and fair feature-by-feature
comparison between the targets. The only thing I have not added there is
quality of various corner cases recovery, because I don't know how to
measure that. SCST is really good in this area, while some other targets
are often not too much, but I have no idea how to summarize it in an
objective view.

If you see I'm wrong somewhere or forgot something, you are welcome to
correct me and I will fix that.

Vlad