[stgt] Specify controller tid in targets.conf

Fredrik Åslund fredrik.aslund at adm.umu.se
Mon Jun 20 08:53:22 CEST 2011

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:57:28 +0200
> Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo at wpkg.org> wrote:
>
> > > I'm not against having this feature. But I think that tgt-admin should
> > > enable admins to configure scsi_id and vendor_id. Why it doesn't?
> >
> > It does: the above config would generate the following commands (assuming /dev/sdb is a WD disk):
>
> So, what's the problem that we try to solve? Admins can specify
> scsi_id and vendor_id, right?

Admins can specify scsi_id, scsi_sn and vendor_id for targets, but not for
the controller itself. All first controllers of all tgt servers will get
scsi_id "IET     00010000" and scsi_sn "beaf10", making initiators
believe controllers on different tgt servers are the same.

/Fredrik

Fredrik Åslund
----------------------------------
Systemadministratör