[stgt] Specify controller tid in targets.conf

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Jun 20 17:36:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:53:22 +0200 (CEST)
**UNKNOWN CHARSET** <fredrik.aslund at adm.umu.se> wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2011, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

> > > It does: the above config would generate the following commands (assuming /dev/sdb is a WD disk):
> >
> > So, what's the problem that we try to solve? Admins can specify
> > scsi_id and vendor_id, right?
> >
> Admins can specify scsi_id, scsi_sn and vendor_id for targets, but not for
> the controller itself. All first controllers of all tgt servers will get
> scsi_id "IET     00010000" and scsi_sn "beaf10", making initiators
> believe controllers on different tgt servers are the same.

I see. Thanks. I guess that admins should be able to configure the
controller too but I'm not against adding this feature. Can you resend
the patch with your Signed-off-by? If you are not familiar with
submitting a patch in the linux kernel style, please read:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=Documentation/SubmittingPatches;hb=HEAD