[stgt] SCSI Persistent Group Reservations: possible bugs found

Alexander Nezhinsky nezhinsky at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 21:27:37 CET 2012

Hi,

Great to hear about the test suite. This reminds me of something...

I've been looking into SPC support and specifically Persistent Group
Reservations recently and saw that stgt does not support "preempt_and_abort"
reserve_out action.

What are the practical implications? Which packages should break?
I guess vmware can't care less. Does Microsoft cluster require it - i know
they do use PGR, but do they actually need preempt and abort?
RedHat Clustering? Solaris?

Lee, can your test suite group the tests according to the minimal needs
of various clustering clients' requirements?

Tomo, can you give a hint on why preempt_and_abort was commented out.
What stops us from reenabling it and how difficult it is?

Alexander