[stgt] Why tgtd cannot start?

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sat May 4 16:55:26 CEST 2013

It already started when you ran  sudo service tgt restart
To check if tgt is running   you should use  "sudo service tgt status"
  not chkconfig.

Use the service command to start/stop/check the service at runtime.

chkconfig is something different. It is used to configure whether or
not the service will be automatically started when you reboot the
system.

So usually when you set up a service for the first time you
1, use "service ... start"  to start it up.
2, use "chkconfig --on"   to configure the system so that it will be
automatically restarted when you reboot