[stgt] Why tgtd cannot start?

Wang Sen kelvin.xupt at gmail.com
Sun May 5 09:52:31 CEST 2013

Thanks. I checked tgt by "sudo service tgt status". The result is okay, but
I cannot create a target and also cannot find the tgtd process using ps. Here's
the output:

hadoop at kelvin-desktop ~ $ sudo tgtadm --lld iscsi --mode target --op new --tid 1 --targetname iqn.2013-5.com.example:hlfs
tgtadm: failed to send request hdr to tgt daemon, Transport endpoint is not connected
hadoop at kelvin-desktop ~ $ ps aux | grep tgt
hadoop    3671  0.0  0.0   5828   840 pts/1    S+   15:49   0:00 grep --colour=auto tgt