[stgt] backing-store options

Boaz Harrosh bharrosh at panasas.com
Fri Oct 4 21:27:29 CEST 2013

On 10/03/2013 06:50 PM, Dan Mick wrote:

> I was thinking only one value, and I know it can't include comma (the
> way tgtadm sends options), but otherwise it's freeform.  (Actually there
> might be other illegal chars; I should find out and specify.)
>
> I was thinking of using it like "-o value --longopt=value" etc., but, as
> it's freeform, backends can do whatever they like.
>
> Or we could provide some more mechanism, but I figured since I'm the one
> who wants it, I might be the only one who ever does.

I have two values that I need now if you do --longopt=value then it will
need to be for me something like:
	--longopt=name1:value1;name2:value2
Where ":" separates between the name and value. And ";" separates between
pairs.
(Again what I have now is all ontop of --backing-store)

[BTW: "--bstype=VALUE" but "--backing-store VALUE" without the "=", so you
 can go either way]

If you have the one value then do it like that. Just specify somewhere
what are the illegal chars like you said ",".

BTW: I do not think the coma parsing in tgt will interfere here because
it will be a different case I think. (Haven't look at that code for so
long)

Thanks
Boaz