[wpkg-users] [wpkg] Feature requests and questions

Jens Geile jens.geile at mzbs.de
Fri Dec 16 14:12:50 CET 2005

> I am not going to quote the referred webpage again. It works.
> 1. Unpack the extension
Works.

> 2. Copy it to client
Works.

> 3. Put the path into the registry _just as stated in the referred document_
Doesn't really work. See below...

> If i wanted to enlighten you, i would have to copy the page here, just try to read it.
> http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Adding_Extensions_using_the_Windows_Registry
How many times do you think i've read that and other documents?

> it is not even that long - it shouldnt take you more than an afternoon to get through it.
The problem is not the length of the document nor that it is too difficult to understand. It appears that i'm once again confirmed in my believe that the FX developers are either too stupid or just don't know what they are doing...

The problem is that entering a key under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions] works just as described in the doc but when you enter the same key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions] it does NOT work at all. (yes, no typos in the key or path). My guess is that this behavior is related to the fact that "SOFTWARE" is written in caps and not "Software" with just the first letter in caps as it is under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER].
Renaming the key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE] doesn't work, obviously.

So, any ideas?

-
jens

wpkg-users mailing list