[wpkg-users] [wpkg] Feature requests and questions

Kristofer Kiik kristofer.kiik at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 03:45:12 CET 2005

On 12/16/05, Jens Geile <jens.geile at mzbs.de> wrote:
> The problem is not the length of the document nor that it is too difficult to understand. It appears that i'm once again confirmed in my believe that the FX developers are either too stupid or just don't know what they are doing...

Beleive me - i have tried the method on this page and have
successfully installed an extension via registry user space as well as
machine space. Let me state it once more - it works EXACTLY like it
stated in this document:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Adding_Extensions_using_the_Windows_Registry

If you so firmly beleive that Firefox developers are idiots, why do
you use their program? Most people i know would not use programs
written by idiots as a matter of principle...

> The problem is that entering a key under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions] works just as described in the doc but when you enter the same key under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions] it does NOT work at all. (yes, no typos in the key or path). My guess is that this behavior is related to the fact that "SOFTWARE" is written in caps and not "Software" with just the first letter in caps as it is under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER].

That is not the case - windows is a case agnostic and that includes registry.

> So, any ideas?

No, i have no ideas other than that you probably missed an instruction
somewhere. It really does work. Let me say that again - it does work.
I even have no ideas how to make you beleive that it works - should i
make an instructional video?

cheers,
Kristofer

wpkg-users mailing list